Clinical Positions Available
Click below to expand.
Summary: Prepare patients to see the physicians, facilitate electronic medical record and paperwork as needed, and assist with other clinical duties as directed.
Position Description: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides excellent customer service to both patients and staff members
- Greets patients, introduces him or herself and escorts the patient from the waiting room to the exam room; prepares patients for exam or treatment per protocol
- Demonstrates personal initiative to function in a fast paced clinical environment by exercising a sense of urgency, quickly “rooming” patients keeping all rooms filled for the physician. Uses “critical thinking” skills to identify and accomplish duties beyond the basic requirements, always looking and thinking ahead to keep things moving.
- Wears the appropriate duty uniform at all times
- Familiar with Electronic Health Record (EHR) software to generate patient information and update patient medical history
- Retrieves EHR patient data for the physician when the patient is ready in the exam room
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
- Takes and records vital signs, height and weight, temperature, brief history and other pertinent patient medical information
- Familiar with all clinic codes, specifically, Code Blue, Gray, and Red. Responds to “Code Blue” situations throughout the clinic, providing immediate life-saving interventions
- Required to train to learn (at no cost) how to cast, splint, and the fitting of durable medical equipment (DME) as part of the treatment plan
- Assist physicians with examinations and minor procedures
- Communicate physician referral requests to referral staff for processing
- Escort patient’s to exam room following x-ray’s
- Prepares the schedule of patient appointments, along with all pertinent documentation for the following day
- Performs patient care duties as scheduled on an Alternate Work Schedule (10:00 am-7: 00 pm) in support of the “Late Clinic.”
- Performs patient care duties as scheduled on Saturdays (0830-1030am), during the Fall sports season, on a volunteer basis
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatment, including sterilization
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Disposes of contaminated items according to OSHA guidelines
- Performs patient education when appropriate
- Replenishes supplies—stocks and cleans exam rooms
- Takes medical stock inventory and communicates and reports supply shortages to the appropriate supply point of contact
- Attends all meetings per leadership directive
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the immediate supervisor, Medical Assistant-Leads, and or Clinical Manager
Click below to expand.
Professionally handles all incoming phone calls for a busy orthopaedic practice using great customer service skills to thoughtfully answer general caller questions. Appropraitely triages calls to direct them to the appropriate staff member or department. Reviews and accurately processes all incoming faxes, enters various data, and maintains a professional tone and appearance at all times. Practices great attention to detail and works well in both a team environment and independently.
Patient Registration Specialist
With a customer service orientation—greets and registers patients using the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Manager (PM) software and program, prepares clinic schedules and all related documentation for the day. Updates patient information at each patient visit collects co-pays, verifies correct insurance information and makes copies of insurance cards. Constructs new patient charts.